About Olana State Historic Site
Olana State Historic Site was the home of Frederic Edwin Church (1826–1900), one of the major figures in the Hudson River School of landscape painting. The centerpiece of Olana is an eclectic villa composed of many styles with Persian influence, which overlooks parkland and a working farm designed by the artist. The residence has a wide view of the Hudson River valley, the Catskill Mountains and the Taconic Range.
In this workshop, you will be standing at the same place where the Hudson School painters painted and paint the same scenes these masters observed and painted.
Oct. 9th – Sunset painting
– Arrive site around noon (transportation is provided by workshop)
– One hour tour of Olana House/museum (optional, extra cost $12 per person)
– Sunset plein air painting until 6pm
Oct. 10th – Landscape painting
– Arrive site around 10am (transportation is provided by workshop)
– Lunch break (sandwiches provided by workshop)
– Plein air painting until 4pm
We are planning to stay at Howard Johnson Inn at Saugerties NY.
Address: 2764 Route 32, I-87 Exit 20, Saugerties, NY 12477-5108
Phone number: 800-467-4600
You would need to make reservation for Oct. 9th, one night stay.
click here to reserve your room on their website.